Love you Bagwati

"Love you Bagwati"
"Dilon me tum apni betabiyan leke chal rahe ho,to zinda ho tum..."
My google status mssg is alternating between these two lines since I watched Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara. 
I was in a wretched, wound-up kind of state before I saw the movie. And, after watching it...I am smiling all the time and you know about my status mssgs!
Watching the movie is like meditation (Sorry Laila for borrowing your expression). I mean, aren't we all tired of rushing around, crackling with energy and being constantly on the move? That's why just being along to glide along with the movie is such a blessing. I could actually feel all my knotted organs unwinding themselves. Uggh...the metaphor isn't very appropriate. But that's what I felt.
I laughed, giggled and grinned at the "inane" jokes. I soaked myself in Imran's sheer magical imagery of words. And, of course the beauty of Spain mesmerised me. I wish I had the money and friends, who could drop what they are doing at the moment, to hop into the car and glide along.
--
I remembered Asawari, a friend from college, while watching Zindagi..
She has that "gliding along" effect on me. I often meet her when I am tired and angry with the world, unsure of myself and abilities; and just being in her presence helps me relax and laugh and smile with my eyes. She has that soothing and calming effect on me.
Asa...watch Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Arefa Tehsin

Book Review: Murder at the Mushaira

Call of the Jungle