Something to Crib

Today's Diwali...
And, I am in a crabby mood. (Isn't that an old story?)
So...let me just put down in points what I am missing in life at this point: 3.30 in the afternoon, Nov 5.
Here goes:
1)My pen friends and the letters we used to write.
Status: I'm not in touch with any of them.
2)My old camera. I clicked my college life and niece's photographs with it
Status: Left it in the almirah of my cupboard. Don't know if its working.
3)My old diaries. Used to write pages and pages when in college
Status: Burnt them. I am regretting!
4)Mogra flowers. Reminds me of Aai.
Status: Have to go back home and see if they are in bloom.
5)Chocolates. I used to hunt for them in my sister's bag, cupboard.
Status: I can and still eat them by dozens. But they don't taste that good.
6)Rains. The thunderstorm and the lightning.
Status: It doesn't rain in Pune. It just drizzles and cleans the road.
7)My home.
Status: It's still standing, rock-solid. I hope it does forever. I want to go back to it again and again – as long as I live. It should outlive me.

Okay...if you haven't understood...I am missing home.
But here I am sitting in the office writing weepy blogs.

Comments

  1. 1. get in touch with ur pen friends...they might be missing you too...
    2. check out if the camera still works...and click some new pics to add to the old collection :)
    3. you can always start writing them again...the diaries...with new memories...the old ones are in your heart... now make some space for new ones ...
    4. i guess u wanted to say mogra flowers...i am sure its in bloom right now...u just have to check :)
    5. the chocolates don't taste the same anymore because u used to steal them from ur sis and hence they tasted better...its not the same fun buying them and eating them...u r missing ur sisters reprimanding you :)....in other words u r missing ur sister...
    6. we all miss rains...u r lucky to be in pune and still enjoy them...here they are cold and inhumane...
    7.a home is a place which is in ur heart and mind... hence it will always outlive you no matter where you are... :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Arefa Tehsin

Book Review: Murder at the Mushaira

Call of the Jungle