My version of Proust questionnaire

a) What is your idea of happiness?

Sleeping; Lying on the bed and reading a book with a plate of munchies by the bedside. Summer mornings and evenings, winter mornings too. Flowers in full blooms. Giggling and talking with friends. Writing letters or long mails. Digging into SBDP and ice cream. Watching movies. Looking at old photo albums. Rereading old letters or notes.

b) What is your greatest fear?
Losing my Dad. Becoming financially dependent on hubby or parents.

c) Which historical figure do you most identify with?
Ahilya Devi Holkar, who gave the Peshwas a good fight.

d) Which living person do you most admire?
Aamir Khan, Rajanikant and Sonia Gandhi. Aamir for his astute business sense and “selling” himself so well. Rajanikant for being comfortable in his own skin away from the arc lights. He looks the man he is – in 60s minus his wig. (I don't know his age. I am just guessing). Sonia Gandhi, well, she had everything against her starting from her foreign origins. But, she is firmly ensconced in her position.


e) What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
Losing my cool very quickly
f) What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Self-obsessed and full of themselves. Those who yap away....like Duracell batteries.

g) What is your greatest extravagance?
Books. Photography.

h) What is your favourite journey?
Getting into someone else's shoes – Main wahana hoti to kya karti!
I like travelling by trains a lot. And, I simply swear by the Lal Dabba (ST) buses. They haven't ever let me down when I travel in them from Point A to Point B.

i) What do you consider the most overrated virtue?
Honesty. No one is ever completely honest or true to oneself.

j) What do you dislike most about your appearance?
I have made peace with the fact that Fat is a shape – round one!

k) Which living persons do you most despise?
Those who spread terror in the name of religion.

l) Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
Chayla! Chyamari! What the hell? Just go away.

m) What is your greatest regret?
That I have two left feet. I wish I could dance.

n) What or who is the greatest love of your life?
My family home and the flowers/trees in my mother's garden – mogra, jaswandi and ananta.

o) When and where were you happiest?
In my family home and in my mother's garden.

p) What is your present state of mind?
Impatient and sulking.

q) How would you like to die?
Maybe in my sleep. Haven't really thought. But, somewhere where there are flowers.

r) What is your favourite motto?
Give it some time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Interview with Arefa Tehsin

Book Review: Murder at the Mushaira

Call of the Jungle